Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

End of My First Week


So this week has been awesome! I didn't get as much accomplished this week as I had wanted too - but I have practiced yoga 6 times this week. I meditated every day and have really enjoyed how this feels. I have SUCH a hard time stopping and not letting thoughts swarm my head. So this is really good for me. Besides two girls nights this week - I have done really well with my diet. I need to add more fruit and veggies - but I am taking it one day at a time. Where I have slacked is journaling....I hope to pick that up a little more next week. I don't know why that is a challenge for me, maybe because I have to respond to questions about myself.

Yesterday I had my first yoga class that was truly hard and emotional for me. The room was too hot for me which made me frustrated from the start. I can't do heat - my burns on my arms and back make it impossible to sweat in those places so I can't cool myself off. So being in a room that is 82 degrees is just too hot. So I was frustrated with myself, the poses were hard (I can feel that today) but I finished. I almost gave up but I stuck it out and finished the class. My lesson was learned to not do any classes with any heat! But I was proud of myself for sticking it out!

One of the highlights of this week was my "goals" meeting with my friend Beth and my friend and sister in law Stacy - We met over a yummy tapas dinner, drinks and talked about our goals for the year and helping each other stay accountable. I am so glad to have this girl's team (along with my bff) to help me reach my goals and I am excited to say some I am already living up too!! Just to have it out there I am including those goals here for you to see - you too can help me stay accountable.

I hope each of you have had a wonderful week! Thanks for checking on me :) xo

No comments: