Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One of my biggest honors....

So after a sad week last week - we got to go to Asheville, NC (for those of you who don't know this is where we lived before Chattanooga) one of our most favorite places ever. Even though it was hot we had a most fabulous time. We stayed with our best friends Rich and Danielle who when we are together we call it Weckler Reunion - we always have the BEST times together and when it comes to an end....we never want to leave! We truly hope one day we will be back together again - raising our families together. We couldn't ask for better friends. We have had some incredible times together- but this weekend topped them all.

Highlights of the trip:
On the way to Asheville we stopped and bought a new car to replace our Audi that was on its last leg - feels so good to buy something efficient! A red civic named Scarlett :)


Fabric shopping with my BFF - look what I found!!!
And while we were fabric shopping - the boys went canoeing! So glad that our husbands have become so close...not sure what Danielle and I would do if Corey and Rich weren't great friends! We are lucky lucky girls!!!

Lots of cooking (by the boys) and relaxing, even a little wii time :) The kids (Nellie and Izzie) got along great as always :), we almost bought a puppy we named Roscoe (we always look for puppies in Ashevile, which is where our nellie was born)





But the best part of the trip....on Monday which was Danielle and Rich's 1st Anniversary (last year were all together at their incredible wedding which was a team effort and came together beautifully) Well this year on their anniversary they found out the sex of their baby - and Corey and I got to go along and see the ultrasound (I had asked Danielle if I could come see an ultrasound one day since Corey and I won't ever see one (we are going to adopt) and so Danielle and Rich invited us to be with them when they found out the sex of their baby). I don't think I have ever seen anything more beautiful then this ultrasound and seeing that we are going to have another little boy in our family :). This one of the biggest honors of my life, and we will never forget this day...seeing a baby like that was unbelievable and to share that with our best friends was something I will always cherish.

ADDITION - HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE BABY - I took the photo from Danielle's Facebook page :)


Here is a photo of my bff Danielle with a little boy in her belly :)
and just because I love these guys - I want to post a few pics of us...We love you guys and thanks again for letting us come stay and be a part of your special day....again :)




5 comments:

-brittany- said...

What a nice ending to a rough week...Looks like so much fun. I love Asheville! Can't wait to meet Scarlett....That is a name we actually considered for Ada....I am hoping I can order something soon...I am loving those new fabrics...Nolan's blanket... omgoodness....I see why you mentioned it was your favorite so far. Everyone ooed and aahed over it at the shower.

P.S. Your buddy Danielle is the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Yeah it was perfect!!! Scarlett would love to meet you - maybe we will have to come visit you :)I am SOOOO glad you loved Nolan's blanket! And yes I too think Danielle is one cute pregnant girl - she is such a happy person!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a fun blog posting about our oh so fun Weckler Weekend! We love you two so much! xoxoxo from your bff

JLC Studio said...

Awww...this is such a cute post! I'm so happy you had such a great weekend and it must have been such an amazing thing to see the ultrasound with your friend!!

Great photos...makes me miss my best friend (and we live in the same town!!)

Anonymous said...

I love Asheville too..and it looks like you all are such buddies...great post....and I love your hair!!! I knew Blue Sky would love your work...ROCK ON!!!!