Monday, January 24, 2011

Tutorial {pom pom flowers}

****LET ME START BY SAYING I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP****
I can't remember where I saw pom pom flowers first - but I had always wanted to make them. I got a little addicted to making these pom poms after buying a pom pom maker. I made them all, then just looked at the pretty little things and thought "what I am I going to do with these?" So I remember seeing pom pom flowers once and thought I would try it for myself.
So here goes my first tutorial - hope you enjoy it!
Items needed:
1. Clover Pom Pom Maker found at any craft store such as Joanns, Michaels or Hobby Lobby
2. any yarn, any color - your choice
3. your trusty glue gun
4. sticks of your choice
I chose bamboo rods that I happened to already have in my house

Step By Step
1. Make all your pom poms first -
here is a great online tutorial for making pom poms with the Clover Pom Pom Maker
I made several different sizes - many different colors.
2. Dab your hot glue on the tip of the stick and gently place the pom pom onto the stick
(make sure the stick goes to the center of the pom pom).
Hold in place for a few seconds so you can make sure it is attached.
3. Repeat for all pom poms
4. After all pom poms are attached arrange your pom pom flowers in your favorite vase.
I broke the sticks to different lengths -
but honestly you can arrange then however it makes you happy.
Hope you have fun with this - I would love to see your arrangements - so email me at tobi@iveyhandcrafted.com with photos!

15 comments:

neweyes2 said...

tobi, you're adorable! I love them.

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Oh thanks friend :) They were so much fun to make

sylvita said...

Lovely! I'm gonna try this for my Thing-a-Day.... which by the way is how I found blog... I really liked the bow you made. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

sylvita said...

*how I found your blog

I really need to work on typing slower :-P

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Hey thanks for your hello - I will have to check out your thing a day - I did it last year and it was very inspiring :) Good luck! I friended you on twitter too :) xo

Musings from the girl next door... said...

i'm seriously going to use this idea for wedding bouquets and other flower decorations. thanks for posting. brilliant. :)

thekcexperience.blogspot.com

Ivey Handcrafted said...

thanks Musings :) Yeah they are so much fun to make!!! Have fun!!! xo

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness, I just found your blog from Blue Robbin Cottage. These pom pom flowers are beautiful! I need a pom pom maker, stat! Subscribing while I'm here too! Can't wait to get a chance to poke around! :)

Ivey Handcrafted said...

YAY!!! thanks Crystal - and I didn't know that Blue Robin Cottage linked to me - thanks for letting me know! xoxo

Little Things Blogged said...

What an easy and lovely tutorial!

I.m your newest follower. If you want check out my blog at http://littlethingsblogged.blogspot.com/

Tania

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

These look so nice - I'm linking to your tute on my "gifts for mums" post today :)

Christina from feltlikesmiling.com said...

These are so colourful and fun. Thanks for sharing :-)

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Sorry I just saw this!! Thanks so much!!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

You are so welcome!! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

hi,
Random, but just wondering what the object behind the pom-poms is? It looks interesting :)